Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Time is Crazy

The language is still coming along slowly, both Tagalog and Ilocano. I'm still spending a lot of time with little kids. They really help me out with the language. This weekend we had District Conference, which is the same as Stake Conference. It was amazing! We got to hear from the District Presidency, President and Sister Andrada and from a member of the Seventy. I learned so much and the spirit was so strong! To get there we took a Jeepney all the way to Vigan, which is an hour away. If you don't know, jeepneys are really small and we filled it with our members. It was a blast!

Also for Christmas every missionary gets together at the mission presidents home and we just have a Christmas party for like two days. So to prepare for that each zone has to prepare a song, a skit and make a zone t-shirt. We have been meeting as often as we can so I'm really getting to know my zone. My zone is so awesome! I get along with them really well.

I can honestly tell when the spirit is there in a lesson and when it's not. One my language is much better and two I also learn something. I can't remember where but in D&C it says something to the effect of "both are edified." That is so true. I can't explain it but I can honestly say I learn something from teaching lessons. It's amazing.

Ayaya ten kayo! Listen to the spirit and remember to stay awesome!

I forgot, everyone now calls me "Short Amerikano." I use to really struggle with being small but now it is honestly the greatest blessing in my life. I am actually asked frequently if I'm actually an American and if I am if I'm full American or if I'm part Filipino. The Lord calls us to where we need to be and if we let Him, we can become tools in his hands. We just need to follow the spirit and live our lives according to His will. Life sucks, it honestly does but it always gets better. I know that and I know God loves us no matter what. I know both of those things because of one thing: the sun rises every day. Life gets better we just have to wait for the light to enter our lives.. God loves us because the sun rises. Now you might be thinking, well Elder Lewis has absolutely lost his mind this time, but this is how this works. He loves everyone no matter what they have done, and the sun rises and shines it's light on everyone. Heavenly Father is the sun and his love is the rays. I have always been told that to be a great missionary we have to be ourselves. I always though that would be easy and then I realized I don't really know who I am. I know what I like but who am I and I can honestly say that my mission has helped me find who I really am. In two years when I see you all again, I'll be the real me. Be prepared, if you though I was crazy before, it's a whole new ball game.

I love you all, be yourselves, no one else can be you and YOU have something unique to offer the world. Bring it and own it, don't be ashamed of who you are and become who you want to be.

I love you all,

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment