Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Week Full of Joy

So this last week was absolutely amazing. To start the week off we got to go to Laoag for Monday and Tuesday for Christmas Conference. All the missionaries in the Philippines Laoag Mission were there. It was a lot of fun. For the Monday portion we got to wear P-Day clothes all day and we played a bunch of games and had a lot of food, it was a blast. After the games we changed into proselyting clothes and had dinner and each zone performed the skit they prepared as well as the song they prepared. It was awesome to see all the other skits and hear the other songs. On Tuesday we listened to President and Sister Andrada and the Assistants to the President give us counsel. They talked a lot about obedience. There are a lot of missionaries that struggle with that here but as a mission we are getting better and better.

Wednesday we had the Sinait Branch Christmas Party. Elder De Leon and I got to help cook barbecue for the party, that was a lot of fun. The whole party was so much fun and we had a really good turn out especially with some Less Actives. We played a lot of games, I got wrapped in toilet paper like a mummy, and we interacted with the members a lot. I absolutely love the members here. They have so much faith. A lot of them to get to church have to pay money just for a ride and for some families that can get expensive and yet they still come, it's incredible.

Thursday was a normal day, we didn't have district meeting so we got extra time to go and proselyte. Our lessons are going pretty well but unfortunately our investigators haven't been keeping the commitments we extend to them.

Friday was Pasko (Christmas) and it was so amazing. We had lunch and dinner appointments and there were fireworks like you wouldn't believe. We actually had to be in our apartment by 7:00 pm because of the fireworks. It was super loud to but really awesome.

Saturday was my favorite day. I got to Skype my family and that was the best Christmas Gift I got and could have ever gotten. Leading up to it I was worried about being homesick after the call but strangely enough I wasn't. The day became just another normal day after that and we went to work. Work is a life savor for me because I can't think about anything other than my investigators meaning I can't be homesick.

Sunday was so amazing like usual. I taught Elders Quorum again and that was a lot of fun. The speakers in church really brought the spirit and the whole day was just phenomenal because of church.

This last Christmas was the best Christmas I have had so far in my life. Even though I'm away from home. I didn't really get anything for Christmas and that kinda made it better. I wasn't really allowed to focus on what I got I was really only able to focus on the Savior and that made my Christmas magandang-maganda. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I love you all and remember happiness is a choice.

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment