Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Monday, May 16, 2016

A Really Good Week

This last week was a really good week. We went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders. I went with Elder Erbito and we had a lot of really good conversations. I got to hear about how his life was before the mission and he is a really great missionary. When we were out we found a new investigator and taught him Lesson One. His name is Roger, his religion is Iglesia ni Cristo. We taught him and he had a lot of questions so we are excited to go back and teach him. We hope and pray that he will be receptive to us. We have ran into a few problems with some of our less actives also, they have been having a rough time with the Word of Wisdom. We are working especially hard with them because we really want to see them go to the temple.

One thing that I have really gained an appreciation for is the atonement and the sacrament. How lucky we are to be able to go to church every week and renew our covenants and also to be cleansed from our sins and faults. I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. How I want to be like Him. To have a perfect love for all the people on Earth no matter what. He is the master teacher and the perfect example. I know my redeemer lives and because of Him we all will live again. Change isn't easy but through the atonement of Christ it becomes easier for us to change and to become the person we are truly meant to be. We all go through challenges and trials, we have times where we want to quit, to stop trying to go home early. When we went to teach Roger, I thought about just going to the next house because he isn't ever home. I am glad I still went because we were able to teach him and get to know him and to share with him God's Plan for him. I know God has a plan for all of us, He loves us. My mom shared with me something she learned from a sunbeam. "Jesus Christ loves us and we love him." A General Authority once said, "The Gospel of Jesus Christ is beautifully simple and simply beautiful." I know that to be true, so my invitation to all that read this is to change something in your life and become closer to Christ and God. Take it one step at a time and soon you will be the person you are meant to be. I leave this with you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment