Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Life is Crazy

So this last week was pretty eventful. Monday and Tuesday were average. We taught lessons but our investigators still aren't keeping their commitments so we might have to drop them, which I don't like thinking about but it might be necessary.

Wednesday was a lot of fun, we had a dinner appointment and it was a members Birthday so there was cake and frosting. I got to play UNO again but this time there was a twist, the loser had to have frosting smeared on their face. We only played one game and trying as hard as I could to win still lost. I got frosting smeared all over my face and soon the little kids thought it was cool so they put frosting on their faces too. It was pretty cool. They also tried to teach me basketball even though I already know a decent amount about it. I was absolutely terrible, like probably the worst player ever, they loved it though.

Thursday we had a Zone Meeting in Vigan that was a lot of fun. The AP's came also and I got my package. To help save us all money, the AP's gave us a ride home so all the missionaries crammed into the bed of the truck and rode down the highway. It was so much fun! I got time to just talk and get to know the other missionaries a little better. The power was also out for most of the day. Lessons went well and we taught a lot of less actives and some of them came to church which is good.

Friday was average but Saturday was crazy. We had a lunch appointment that turned out to be these two little girls birthday parties and they had us bless the food for them. The little kids kept staring at me, it was different. Later we gave a blessing to a different little girl as well as one of the Sister missionaries in our town. We got chased by dogs three times ish and every one calls me short amerikano so life is pretty good.

Sunday was when it really got crazy. So transfers are this week and if someone is going to be a trainer or district leader or zone leader or AP then the mission President will call them to let them know. Well we got a call and Elder De Leon will be training again then Elder De Leon looked at me and says, "President wants to talk to you." So in my head I'm like ok , probably just a check up or maybe a calling but since I just finished training this week I doubted it was going to be a calling. Turns out I have two callings. I am District Leader and a trainer.

This can be seen as, "Elder Lewis is so amazing, he has two callings already." That is not the case. President asked me to do this because he was prompted to. Yes it will be stressful and I'm not sure what I need to do exactly but I have God on my side and He will help me do what I need. I am only able to do anything because of God. This is my time to prove what I have and I plan on doing just that.

Alam ko na sa pamamagitan ng pananampalataya kay Jesucristo magiging malakas ako at kaya ko ginagawa lahat ng bagay. Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, Amen.

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment