Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I'm home

I love this place! What a good week! We weren't able to teach as much as we thought we would but we have five referrals! So this week we are going to go see them and start teaching them. We actually had an interesting experience. We went to see one of our referrals, I talked about him last week. They ended up not being ready for the gospel but didn't want to tel us no directly. So sadly we aren't able to teach them but we will be, hopefully, able to teach them. A lot of people that we have run into don't want to hear our message and that's ok. Our purpose as missionaries isn't to teach it's to invite others to come unto Christ. If they aren't ready or just don't want to listen then we know that we need to look elsewhere. It devastates me that we weren't able to share with them but as the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

Also this week we spent a lot of time with a Recent Convert name Jerome, everyone calls him Ow-ow. He is such an awesome kid. The last few times we were with him he started asking us about missions. He is super curious about missions and how you become a missionary so we answered all of his questions the best we could. He is only thirteen so he has a while before he can serve but he would be a great missionary.

So I was extremely stressed about training and being a District Leader but this last week has proved to me that I don't need to worry about anything so long as I put myself in Heavenly Father's hands. I was talking to my companion and just stated, "I have know idea why I am your trainer I don't really know what I'm doing." He said after that, "I know why you are my trainer. I have met a lot of people and no one has ever been able to teach me or inspire me like you do. No one could train me but you. You are meant to train me." I was speechless. Not only am I teaching him but he teaches me as well. I know for a fact that I am in the right place and that I am doing the right thing. I have never been happier than right now. This place really is my home.

Alam ko na totoo and itong ebangelyo.

Remember, choose to be happy,

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment