Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Happy New Year

So what a crazy last week. Here they shoot off a lot of fireworks during this time of the year. I got no sleep, it was so loud, also they were shooting off guns, and by they I also mean nine year olds! Only in the Philippines! I love it here!

So our lessons are going the same as they have been, we teach them and recently it's becoming much more difficult. Very few of them keep our commitments and it's becoming frustrating but I'm still happy. It's a choice.

New Years Day was different. We had to be in our apartment earlier than normal because of the fireworks and guns. We also had a dinner appointment with the Branch President and that was a lot of fun. We had the most amazing food. We also ended up singing songs from Frozen, it was on in the background, and by we I mean Elder De Leon. The Branch President even joined in on a few songs. The Branch President has a daughter that is two or three years old and loves Frozen.

We also had a dinner appointment with another member of the branch presidency, it's the part member family that we generally spend time with. They have a pet dog that just had puppies. I got to spend two times this last week playing with the puppies. They are super cute and just a blast to play with.

We are still developing our relationship with Indira family. On Sunday I had a cool experience. So I had a really stiff neck all saturday and got no sleep Saturday night. Sunday also happened to be fast Sunday so no food or water, also I have been getting sick. So my first thought on Sunday morning was, "There is no way I can make it through today. I wont' have any energy. I could not fast today and fast another time." Then I stopped and decided that I needed to fast even though it was going to be incredibly difficult. So I fasted and I had enough energy until I could eat. Heavenly Father helped me to accomplish what I needed to. I know he will do the same for you all. Whatever you need help with, Heavenly Father will help you accomplish it, all you have to do is ask.

Alam ko na totoo ang simbahan at totoo ang Aklat Ni Mormon. Alam ko na kung susunod tayo ng mga kautusan ng Diyos tapos magiging Christlike tayo. Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, amen.

Mahal kita,

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment