Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Week 9 - Dito sa Sinait

So it's been a pretty good week. We went to Laoag City twice, once for P-day and then again on Wednesday for mission conference. Elder Haynie and his wife came to Laoag and gave us all some training. He is a part of the Seventy so it was fantastic being able to get advice from him. President and Sister Andrada were also there to give training. Because we were in Laoag twice I was able to see my MTC district. It was cool being able to see them and see how they are doing.

We have three new investigators: Jony, Michelle and Jen Christian. So we just started teaching them and invited all of them to church except for Jen Christian. We actually met him at church, his friend brought him so now we are going to start teaching him. No one came to church this week so I'm a little discouraged. Speaking of church, President and Sister Andrada and their family came to church with us. It was pretty great to hear from them again. I also got the opportunity to teach the Gospel Principles class and President Andrada decided to join us. It was a little nerve racking but he was a great help in teaching. Also I finished the Book of Mormon twice this week, I absolutely love the Book of Mormon.

This week Elder De Leon and I learned a very important lesson. That lesson is to pray before you travel. So Friday we had two appointments in our furthest area which is a 15 minute bike ride from the apartment. One of the people wasn't home so we were only able to teach once. Our next appointment was another 10 minutes away from where we were so we started to ride our bikes there. In order to get there we have to cross a bridge. The bridge is only about 10 feet off the ground and under it is a little rice field that has already been harvested. So we are riding and all of the sudden I see Elder De Leon, who is in front of me, go off the side of the bridge with his bike. He is completely fine and is only slightly bruised. His bike is ok as well. So moral of the story, pray before you travel.

I love you all and time is starting to fly, I can't wait till next week to tell you some more things that are happening dito sa Sinait. Also I ate dog with sauce made from blood, it was pretty good.

Mahal ko kayo!

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment