Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Sunday, October 4, 2015

MTC Week 4

Kumusta Kayo!!

It has been a crazy awesome week! We have been teaching a lot lately and have gone over every kind of sentence structure that is in the book we have for Tagalog! Now its just review. Our teacher Brother Broadhead left on Wednesday because he wasn't able to work at the MTC anymore because he was over whelmed with school and he couldn't ever be with his wife. It was tough saying goodbye to him. He has helped me and my whole district learn so much. We also had four district leave for the field on Wednesday. Saying goodbye to them was also difficult, over the last month they have become like family. Our branch is now only half the size it was.

On Tuesday we got to hear from Claudio R.M. Costa, he is the president of the Quorum of the Seventy. He gave a killer talk about being missionaries. When he bore his testimony The room was filled with the spirit, it was amazing! The spirit here is so amazing. Being constantly surrounded by the spirit and having my day filled with that is one of the greatest things I have ever experienced. While I have been here I have been able to see how Heavenly Father has blessed me and everyday I feel like I am coming closer to the Savior. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that because of Him I can make it back to our Heavenly Father. I know that He lives and "because He lives I can live again." (Because of Him, mormon message video) I am so thankful for what my Savior has done for me. I challenge all of you to pray and thank Him and our Heavenly Father for what the have done for you. I know that as you do that you will be able to notice all the little things in your life. I also extend the challenge to all of you to go and watch the video Because of Him, its on lds.org and you can just search for it there. Its a truly amazing video and brings the spirit so powerfully.

Elder Ossola and I got to witness a small miracle on Thursday. We were able to skype members in the Philippines then and give them a little lesson and bear testimony to them. The member we had was Sister Rafada. She was born in Laoag but now lives with her husband and three children in Bacolod. We gave a lesson on faith and it went really well but the miracle came at the end of the lesson. Her father-in-law was a bishop for a long time but is now not active in the church. She bore testimony to us that she knew meeting us wasn't a coincidence that we are meant to go and help reactivate him. The spirit when she told us that was absolutely amazing and just talking about it, thinking about it or writing about it gets me emotional. I too know that it wasn't a coincidence that me and Elder Ossola met her. I am absolutely excited to go to the Philippines so I can hopefully find him and also bring others unto Christ. I know without a doubt that this church is true.

Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo, Amen

Mahal ko kayo!!!

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment