Elder Dylan Lewis

Elder Dylan Lewis

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Laoag, Here I Come! - Mission Week 7

Hey everyone, so it's been a while since i last emailed. The flight from home to the Philippines was really long and totally exhausting, but being in the Philippines is absolutely amazing. It is unbelievably hot here and it's their winter! The driving here is the craziest thing I have ever seen! On a four lane road they will drive like its a six lane road and the coolest part is no one gets into car accidents. On Monday Elder Ossola and I went out proselyting in the Quezon City North mission with some other missionaries that were from there. It was fun, we went to a members house, Brother Sherman, and shared some scriptures with him it was a lot of fun! We road jeepneys there and back, and that is just a completely different experience! Its a lot of fun though! On Tuesday we went and got our visa and immigration paperwork done and after that we went to the American Cemetery from World War Two that's here in Manila. It was so cool there and you could actually feel the spirit there. After we went to the cemetery we had the opportunity to go to the Manila Temple. It's such an amazing and beautiful temple. The architecture is amazing both inside and outside.

Today, Wednesday we went to the airport so that we could fly out to Laoag. Unfortunately out flight got canceled because there was a level four typhoon there. It has dropped down to level one but the flight company didn't want to take any risks. I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason. Our flight getting canceled might have happened for a specific reason that no one yet knows about. Elder Jones actually said it best, he said, "It doesn't matter where I'm at, I'm here for two years so there is no reason for me to be stressed." He is so right. Right now I am here to serve the Lord and if that means that I don't go to Laoag until tomorrow then that is fine. I am just grateful for the opportunity I have to serve. While we were at the airport we were teaching people and spreading the gospel and the people were very receptive of it. We handed out all of our pass along cards and all of our pamphlets. It was great and it felt great, we could tell that they felt the spirit. I only hope and pray that they will search for the church now.

I can't wait to get to Laoag. I know that there will be a lot of service once I get there but I can't wait. Service is a great way to spread the gospel, it allows us to be examples to those around us. I would like to extend a challenge to all of you. Find a way to serve those around you everyday. Alam ko na sa pamamagitan ng maglingkod, magiging sobrung saya tayo. Alam ko na sa pamamagitan ng kapinyarihan ng Diyos, pwede gagawa tayo ng lahat ng bagay.

Hanggang mag-email ako, mahal ko kayo!

Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment